Even though everyone is getting excited for WTC 2015, it’s time we start the selection process for the WTC 2016 host, which will be publicly announced at award ceremony this year.
This is the timeline the Committee has set up for the process:
- June 30th – deadline for submitting applications;
- July – Committee will review applications, possibly asking the applicants to provide some additional details. (In case there is a large number of applications, Committee may shortlist them to about 5);
- August 1st – final applications are sent out to the captains, who will vote on the 2015 host city;
- August 17th – successful applicant informed, lock in date (this may happen a bit later if some captains are late with votes);
- September 20th – 2015 host announced publicly.
If you would like to apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hosting the event requires at minimum the following:
- Space, tables, timers, and terrain necessary for at least 160 tables;
- Be near an international travel hub;
- Have rooming and dining facilities either on-site or very close by;
- Have a dedicated group of individuals (at least 2-3) able to handle the logistics of the event over the course of ~18 months;
- Have a means to handle the finances of the event (bank account, record keeping, etc).
The Committee has prepared a short document to help you anticipate what you will need to consider if you’d like to be a host. Please request it by emailing us if you are interested.
Obviously, the more information you’re able to provide in your application, the higher your chances of being selected! We are looking forward to receive your applications.
(Note that a host does not gain any form of ownership of the event, nor can they keep any profit from the event. )