After a lot of discussion and feedback from the community we have made a few key changes to the tournament format which has been added to the latest version of the WTC Player Pack.
There are two (2) changes in this update.
We originally were going to operate under timed turns however this has been changed to the following format.
Round timings will use the “Big Boy” Death Clock system:
- Players will use a chess clock to track time spent during their turns.
- Each player will have 60 minutes available to them to use during the game. Deployment does come out of this time.
- Each round will go for 2.5 hours from the time the pairings are announced. If the round expires with players having more than 5 minutes left on their clock (between them) it will result in a double loss.
- Players are allowed to stop the clock for rules queries, toilet breaks and other legitimate reasons.
- There are no tie breakers to determine the winner. A game can be won be any one of the three methods:
- Caster Kill.
- Completion of scenario objectives.
- An opponent “timing out”.
The Pairing System
We have decided to tweak the pairing system to even out the benefit both teams get regardless of who wins the initial dice roll.
The captains from each team will work together to determine the individual pairings of the players within their teams using the following method:
- Dice off until there is a winner. The winner gets to choose whether they are Team A, or Team B in the process.
- Team B captain nominates his/her first player and presents both the player’s lists to the opposing captain.
- Team A captain then nominates two (2) of his players that are potential opponents for the player. He provides all 4 lists for the 2 players.
- Team B captain chooses which player from the 2 that will play against the player he first nominated. The one he does not choose remains on the table.
- Once the first match up is determined, Team B captain will nominate 2 of his remaining players, Team A captain will then choose one of those to face off against the player left on the table from the 1st round pairings.
- This process continues until all 5 pairings have been done.
- Note with this system Team A effectively choose 3 of the 5 match ups as choose the 4th match up also determines the 5th.
These updates are now incorporated into the latest WTC Player Pack which you can download here.